OPEN ROW GUIDELINES
Open Row is an opportunity for LOCR masters to row during specified times in addition to the normal Monday, Wednesday and Friday scheduled practice sessions. Typically occurring during sanctioned Learn to Row (LTR) sessions, there are specific guidelines that must be followed in order for an LOCR masters rower to participate in an Open Row opportunity.
- A rower looking to participate in Open Row must be cleared by the Coach on site
- The rower must demonstrate the ability to row efficiently and independently without direct coach supervision.
- A rower who has just completed LTR should not participate in Open Row unless accompanied by more experienced rowers
- Only rowers cleared by the Head Coach will be allowed to row a single during Open Row times.
- To row a single during Open Row out of site of the safety launch a rower must demonstrate that he/she can get back in their single from the water on their own with little difficulty in case of the event of capsizing. The Head Masters Coach will coordinate this.
- Open Row sessions only take place once a LTR class is finalized as happening.
- There will be iCrew sessions made for open row boat coordination. Only come to open rows during sessions you've signed up for.
- Open Row sessions are up to the discretion of the LTR coach on duty. If the coach for any reason communicates that they are not comfortable having masters rowers out on the water in addition to their own LTR class, Open Row will not be permitted.
- Before heading out onto the water, you must communicate with the LTR coach on duty about the boundaries you are allowed to row within, and the recommended direction you travel.
- You must wear high visibility clothing
- The LTR class taking place has priority over equipment and dock space. Please do not interfere with the launching or docking of the LTR class, and be respectful of the equipment needs.
- Open Row is only available during sanctioned LTR class times. It not available during youth rowing or when there is no coaching launch on the water.
- Failing to to abide by these guidelines may revoke your Open Row privileges.
- Have fun, be courteous and be respectful!